Friday, May 15, 2009

Alaska

A fun post today! Since I did a post on Alaskan polar bears yesterday, I thought it would only be appropriate to do todays post on a movie that influenced my very first adoration for Polar Bears. I first saw this movie at a school movie night, sitting on the ground of my schools cafeteria in the 3rd grade. It is called, and appropriately so, "Alaska". I re-watched this movie with my partner recently and fell back in love with it.


The story is based around the family in the movie, but has a very strong undertone of protecting local ecosystems and the horror of illegal poaching (there is a very sad polar bear poaching scene, so fyi in advance for that). The main polar bear in the movie is a small adorable cub (Whom they name "Cubby") who follows two kids on their adventure to save their father who has crashed his plane in the wilderness of Alaska. It is a great film that the whole family can enjoy and learn from! Below is the trailer.



As always, thanks for reading!

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment