Friday, July 10, 2009

Knut Is In, Palin Is Out!

See, I told you I'd be back soon.

So as I said, Knut the Polar Bear from Germany, who has recently been facing a custody battle of sorts, has now been deemed his permanent home. Knut became famous in 2006 when his mother rejected him as a cub. The custody battle started when an animal park in Neumuenster, Germany, sued the Berlin zoo for increased profits from Knut, since they own Knuts father. Luckily, Berlin was able to settle with the park by offering 430,000 Euro, more than the going rate for a polar bear. Congrats to the always adorable Knut for finding his home!


We do not side-step issues that get too political here at savesomebears, so this next story is about one miss Sarah Palin herself. When fresh on the presidential campaign scene, I did some political research on her. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to politics- although I certainly lean quite far to the left, I like to know more about a candidate before disliking them based on their political affiliation. Well, unfortunately one of the first things I saw about Palin was that she had a track history with polar bears, and it wasn't good. In fact, she even advocated making it legal to shoot polar bears (and wolves) in Alaska and fought against measures to protect their habitats. So, I thought it only appropriate to link to a great article I read titled "Alaskan Wolves and Wildlife Rejoice- Palin's Out!", which you can read here.



That's all for today, more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment